Ho Chi Minh Weather June: Temperature & Best Things to Do

March 15, 2023 - 1410 views

June is not the best month to visit Ho Chi Minh city, however, a large number of local people come here for holiday. If you plan to travel this month of the year, follow what local people do, where they visit to have the best moments for your holiday. Keep reading our article Ho Chi Minh Weather June to find more detail about the weather, and get some useful tips

Ho Chi Minh weather in June overview

June’s weather in Saigon increases the rain even more over May. The temperatures are still high and humid, so your best bet is to plan a lot of indoor activities and a fun hotel. June is influenced by Tropical Wet & Dry climate, so when traveling to Ho Chi Minh you can expect habitually thunderstorms and sweltering weather.

  • Temperature: Temperatures slightly decrease to a low of 27°C and a high of 34°C
  • Humidity: The humidity is high as it increases to 82%
  • Rainfall: The rainfall is heavier and more frequent. Over the month, Ho Chi Minh City receives 309.9 mm of precipitation over 19 rainfall days
  • Sunshine hours: June is quite cloudy as there are only 5.7 hours of direct sunlight throughout the average 12.8 hours in a day. There is a 23% chance of a perfect sunny day and a 77% chance of seeing some clouds.
Min Temperature 27°C Precipitation 82 %
Max Temperature 34°C Rainy Days 15.5 days
Humidity 81.2% Sunshine Hours 11.9 hours

 

Ho Chi Minh weather in June overview

Pros and cons

Pros Cons
Although June is in the wet season, half of the month is filled with sunshine, and tourists still have a chance to join the exciting festivals and other outdoor activities. Frequent rains and daily tide may cause some streets in the city to flooded; so many tourists avoid visiting Ho Chi Minh this time of the year.

 

Things to do and events in Ho Chi Minh in June

Play at Suoi Tien Cultural Amusement Park

  • Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 17:30
  • Address: 120 AH1, Tan Phu, District 9, Ho Chi Minh City
  • Price Range: US$2.50 for Children, US$5 for Adults

Suoi Tien is one of the biggest theme parks in Ho Chi Minh City, offering visitors a wide variety of choices for sightseeing, entertainment. The park comprises around 150 buildings, divided into 4 main areas. Tien Dong - Ngoc Nu water park is the most popular area in the park, which is the first artificial beach in Vietnam. It is the place where you can join a large number of water activities such as water slides, splash pads…If you do not like the crowd and want to find a peaceful place, visit Buddhist temples that are located right inside the theme park. Here, tourists can also learn more about these Vietnamese heroes by visiting the temples that worship Hung kings, Tran Hung Dao and Hai Ba Trung.

 

Visit War Remnants Museum

  • Opening Hours: Daily 07:30 – 18:00
  • Address: 28 Võ Văn Tần, Phường 6, District 3
  • Price: 0.65 USD

On the holiday to Ho Chi Minh, you should visit at least one museum, and War Remnants Museum is the most popular one. It is an indoor museum so whether it is rainy or sunny, it will not affect your trip. Most people spend few hours in the museum to soak in the new knowledge, to learn more about Vietnam War and its impact on the Vietnamese.

Visit War Remnants Museum

Visit War Remnants Museum

 

Join a cooking class

After eating some delicious dishes in Ho Chi Minh City, you may want to learn how to cook. On the rainy morning or afternoon, it is the best time to join. The cooking class is the best place to learn from local the traditional way to book the dish and specific cooking techniques. You may local market to pick up the fresh ingredient, then head to the class, make your own dishes under the instruction of the chef. There can be a competition among the participants, no matter how the result is, it will be a lot of fun.

 

Festivals and events in June

On the fifth day of the fifth lunar month, Ho Chi Minh City celebrates Tet Doan Ngo, also known as the Vietnamese Mid-Year Festival. This festival is the time of transition from spring to summer and thus, insects and diseases have good conditions to develop. Local people celebrate this festival to ward off evil spirits and epidemics. Travelling this time, tourists have the chance to taste many different kinds of special dishes.

In June, Ho Chi Minh City celebrates The Southern Fruit Festival, the biggest fruit festival in Suoi Tien Park. Joining this festival, tourists have the chance to enjoy a wide range of fresh tropical fruits available in the southern region of Vietnam, as well as take part in a variety of activities such as a fruit-shaping contest, art performances...

Southern Fruit Festival

Southern Fruit Festival

 

Tips for travelling to Ho Chi Minh City in June

What to wear and pack

  • Be sure to pack your umbrella and bring along your rubber boots to stay dry
  • This hot weather is not advisable for long walks and outdoor activity, so please prepare for summer conditions with water and comfortable light clothes like t-shirts, long dresses, and shorts for a trip to Ho Chi Minh City during June.
  • The average water temperature in Ho Chi Minh City in June is 29.5°C and therefore suitable for comfortable swimming, so do not forget to bring swimwear.
  • Do not forget to bring sun cream for the hot days in June.

Tips for the best experience

June has unpleasant weather conditions, it is not the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh city. However, the school is not open in June and a lot of local families with kids plan to visit this city in June. To avoid any disappointment with your holiday in June, you had better book the tour in Ho Chi Minh early in advance.

In general, there is no wrong time to visit Ho Chi Minh. Each month during the year, there is always something for you to do. Do not hesitate to come there if you have your holiday in June. Wish you have a great time in Ho Chi Minh city.

You might want to know about Ho Chi Minh weather in July.

Jenny Tran

Image source: Internet

Plan your tailor - made trip with a local expert
Book securely with money-back guarantee
Travel stress-free with local 24/7 support

Questions & Answers

Ask a Question