How to Get to Hoi An
There are numerous natural sites to see in Hoi An, including pristine beaches, local communities, and beautiful mountains, many of which require the use of a vehicle. We've put together a handy guide to transit for a stress-free vacation in Hoi An.
How to Get Around Hoi An
Due to its compact size, abundant pedestrian lanes, and affordable public transit, getting around Hoi An is quite convenient compared to other cities in Vietnam. Hoi An Ancient Town's major sights, restaurants, pubs, and shops are all conveniently accessible by foot, cyclo, bicycle, and more.
Taxis in Hoi An are fairly inexpensive and credible, not to mention that the drivers are fairly genuine.
Mai Linh Taxi and Faifoo Taxi are the two most reputable companies. You can call their number, +84(0) 235 391 4914 and +84 (0) 235 391 9191 respectively.
Or you can easily find the taxi widely available outside of Hoi An ancient town, particularly at the corner of Tran Hung Dao and Le Loi street.
Call A Taxi To Travel Around The Town
There is nothing better than exploring the old town of Hoi An by taking a cyclo. The cyclo is a three-wheel bicycle taxi that appeared in Vietnam during the French colonial period after a failed attempt to introduce rickshaws. The greatest time to visit is early evening when the sun sets and the town changes into a wonderland of vividly colored lanterns.
You should ask the price in advance and negotiate a lower price. Depending on your negotiating skills, a 15-20 minute tour of the Old Town costs around 150,000 VND ($6.5), around 200,000 VND ($8.7). In order to be sure about the price and to avoid any scams that might happen, negotiate until you reach an agreement on a price, note it down, and confirm again!
Cyclo - A Special Transportation Of Hoi An
Hoi An is flat and tiny so it’s simple to get from place to place on a bike. In addition, Hoi An ancient town is a bicycle-friendly city and the Old town is closed off to cars, taxis, and motorbikes making it even easier to go into the center.
Many hotels, hostels, and homestays provide guests with complimentary bicycles. Some of them do offer bicycle rentals at slightly the same price as other stores. The rental fee is around 25,000 VND ($1.09) to 30,000 VND ($1.3) per day.
There are also electric bikes available to rent, suitable for people who don’t want to move a muscle or those who are not sure about their motorbike ability. The price of an electric bike rental for a day is about 60,000 VND ($2.6) to 70,000 VND ($3.04).
Cycling Is A Suitable Way To Explore The Tranquil Hoi An
When renting bicycles, don’t forget to check them before going, especially tires and brakes. Don’t worry about pointing out the issues as they will be happy to fix them.
How to Get to Hoi An
Hanoi to Hoi An
Coming from the frenzied city of Hanoi to the more laid-back town of Hoi An, you will need to take several modes of transportation. Usually, the best option is the train and the airplane might take you to Da Nang, then the bus and motorbike will take you straight to Hoi An.
- Flights from Hanoi to Da Nang are available during the day, from Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways, and Jetstar, and can cost as little as $35 USD per person if booked in advance.
- The train will take longer than 15 to 16 hours and the price can be varied from 396,000 VND ($18) to 2,005,000 VND ($87), depending on the seat type you choose and the train.
- The bus takes the longest time to get to Hoi An from Hanoi, about 18 hours for the fare of 320,000 VND ($14) - 740,000 VND ($32). Most of them have inclined seats that allow you to adjust to becoming more comfortable.
Hue to Hoi An
The distance from Hue to Hoi An is more than 200 km away and there are many options for you to choose from, according to your time and budget.
- Except for the train that will stop in Da Nang, you can travel to Hoi An by tourist bus, shuttle bus, or private car for about 3 hours driving.
- Besides, traveling by motorbike is also very popular. The route taken by motorbike offers you spectacular views of Hai Van Pass as well as Lang Co Bay along the coastline.
There are many companies that offer one-way rentals and transfer your luggage to your accommodation in Hoi An, making it convenient to travel. Check out our complete guide for all transportation choices to travel between these cities.
Da Nang to Hoi An
Da Nang is the gateway to Hoi An so wherever you arrive to or depart from, the ways to get there are very simple, easy, and quick.
- You can either take a local bus which is the cheapest option ($0.9) or a shuttle bus that takes you to the front door of your hotel.
- There are many taxis hanging out outside of Da Nang airport and railway station so you can also easily catch one.
- Another option is renting a bike and driving to Hoi An yourself. Besides the local public bus, this is a budget-friendly opinion to travel back and forth as it gives you the opportunity to get around Hoi An as well.
Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An
Getting from the cosmopolitan city of Sai Gon (aka Ho Chi Minh City) to the ancient town of Hoi An is comparable to the Hanoi-Hoi An route.
- Taking a direct flight to Da Nang airport is the best and quickest method when moving from Ho Chi Minh City. It will take approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete.
- Traveling by train is another inexpensive option and it takes between 16 and 19 hours.
- You can also travel by sleeper bus which takes about 21-23 hours. Along this long journey, you can visit other beautiful coastal cities of Vietnam such as Nha Trang or Quy Nhon.
To find out the best ways to travel around Hoi An and get to other places, check out our suggestions below.
Hue - Hoi An Distance: 120 km Travel time: 3 hours Popular vehicle: Bus
Hue and Hoi An are well-known tourist destinations in Vietnam. Traveling between these cities is quite easy as they are close to each other. Each method of transportation comes with advantages and disadvantages so pick the one that is the most suitable for you to have the best travel experiences. Read along to find out which is the best way to travel from Hue to Hoi An or vice versa.
Da Nang - Hoi An Distance: 30 km Travel time: 0.45 hours Popular vehicle: Car
Da Nang, one of the largest cities, is the most worthy place to live in Vietnam. Meanwhile, the tranquil lovely ancient town Hoi An is also an interesting place to explore.
Hanoi - Hoi An Distance: 626 km Travel time: 1.3 hours Popular vehicle: Planes
Hanoi and Hoian are among the most famous tourist attractions in Vietnam. Many tourists think of Hoian in the center after their travel in and around Hanoi in the north. The first question appears in their mind is how to travel from Hanoi to Hoi An. You can find the answer with the below article, choose the option which is best for you.
Ho Chi Minh City - Hoi An Distance: 823 km Travel time: 1.2 hours Popular vehicle: Planes
Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An are 2 of the most outstanding destinations for tourists coming to South and Central Vietnam. If you are planning to visit both of these places, or want to travel to Hoi An from Ho Chi Minh city, this topic will provide you with all the information you need.
Hoi An - Nha Trang Distance: 500 km Travel time: 9 hours Popular vehicle: Planes
Are you seeking a great way to travel from Hoi An to Nha Trang? Luckily, we provide the best answer in this article. You will find all answer to how long does it take, how far it is, what is the best transportation. Let's start.