Tips to Travel in Phu Quoc Rainy Season
Like other destinations in South Vietnam, Phu Quoc has its own rainy season. Of course, it is not the most beautiful time on this marvelous island, but it is still worth experiencing once in your lifetime. Find out all you need to know about the rainy season in Phu Quoc and get the best tips for the best travel experience there.
Phu Quoc's climate is divided into two distinct seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. While the dry season which falls from November to April is the peak season of tourism, the rainy season is definitely off-peak time.
Phu Quoc rainy season lasts from May to October with the average temperature is around 20°C - 25°C which is quite cool and comfortable except for the high humidity thanks to the rains. Usually, in October and May, it has less rain due to the changing season period. On the other hand, from July to September is the peak time of the rainy season here with high rainfall and heavy rains that can occur for several days.
Phu Quoc rainy season
Should you travel during Phu Quoc's rainy season?
Of course, the rainy season is not the most ideal time to visit Phu Quoc. However, there are two sides to everything, it is also not a bad time to travel this stunning island. Let’s take look at the pros and cons of traveling to Phu Quoc in the rainy season below and make your own decision!
| || |
Stream in Phu Quoc is more beautiful during rainy season
Things to do while traveling Phu Quoc in the rainy season
Although the rains might prevent you from enjoying Phu Quoc entirely, there are still a lot of interesting things that you can do on this island in its rainy season. Let’s take a look at some best suggestions below:
- Go swimming: For your safety, you must swim on the East side of the island with Sao Beach and Khem Beach as the sea here is quite calm. On the other hand, on the West side of Phu Quoc, the sea is usually angry in the rainy season which is extremely dangerous.
- Book a tour: It can’t rain all day long in Phu Quoc. However, to prepare to deal with the sudden rain, instead of travel on your own, you should book a tour so that you can be offered alternatives when your trip is affected by the weather. Some tours are quite possible on rainy days are exploring Vinwonders and Safari complex or sightseeing at Phu Quoc Prison and Ho Quoc Pagoda.
- Try Hon Thom Cable Car and get the most amazing check-in photos
- Have a cup of coffee at a front beach coffee shop while watching the rain outside.
Snorkeling is best to do during rainy season
Tips to travel to Phu Quoc during the rainy season
Obviously, the rainy season is not the most ideal time to travel to Phu Quoc but it still has its own charms in this period. As to have better travel experiences on this island in its rainy season, let's take a look at some best tips below!
- Don't forget to bring a convenient raincoat or umbrella! A convenient raincoat won't take up too much space in your backpack. But it will keep your Phu Quoc trip dry!
- Check the weather forecast regularly to be able to arrange a suitable schedule, as well as avoid strong sea days.
- Book resorts on the east coast of Phu Quoc island such as Bai Sao, Bai Khem as the price is soft and the sea is calm, blue, and clean, can be bathed. The resort should not be located at Bai Dai beach as this area has strong winds, which can lead to rough seas, big waves, and turbid seas.
- Avoid going to the forest in Phu Quoc when it’s raining, especially when you travel alone as it is very dangerous.
- Be careful when bathing in the stream or climbing on the rocks in the stream to avoid danger as the rain makes streams deeper and flow stronger while the rocks there are extremely slippery.
- When participating in outdoor activities such as diving to see corals, night squid fishing tours, fishing, etc., you should choose quality, safe ships, fully equipped with life jackets, lifebuoys, and at the same time also need to pay attention to the weather before going.
- Bring along a waterproof bag to carefully preserve identification documents, money, electronic devices, to avoid rainwater infiltrating and causing tearing or damage.
In general, although the rainy season is not the best time to have a vacation in Phu Quoc, it still has many amazing things waiting for you to explore. Be prepared and book your trip to Phu Quoc with us and enjoy the wet time on this stunning island!
Image source: Internet