How to Get from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
Visiting Angkor Wat is a must-do when you come to Cambodia. The wonder has long become the local pride because of its imposing beauty. As Siem Reap is the gateway to Angkor Wat, tourists always get here to visit the temple. In this article, BestPrice Travel will show you the 4 best ways to get from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat.
Distance from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
Siem Reap is famous for architectural works bearing traces of time. The journey to discover this city will bring you back to the long history of the mighty Angkor dynasty that once existed.
Besides discovering ancient buildings, visitors can immerse themselves in the peaceful scene, learn about the lives of local people, and enjoy local delicacies.
Angkor Wat in Siem Reap seems to be a must-see attraction in every Cambodia travel itinerary when UNESCO recognized it as one of the Seven World Wonders. Standing in front of a large and majestic architectural complex, you will not be surprised. The entire temple area exudes a mysterious and ancient color.
It takes about 6km to get to Angkor Wat from the city center. Therefore, people usually include Angkor Wat in their Siem Reap destinations list.
Tourist map from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
4 best ways to get from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
Siem Reap makes a perfect base for Angkor Wat Discovery, which is only about 20 minutes away. The main site is close enough to reach by bicycle. Those less excited about cycling in Cambodia's sticky heat can catch a tuk-tuk, hire a driver for the day, or rent a motorbike from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat.
If transport is all you are after, hiring a tuk-tuk for the day is a great way to get to Angkor Wat. The driver can take you from Siem Reap to each temple. Moreover, you can freely customize your visit to match your liking. Sightseeing with a tuk-tuk offers an outstanding balance between cost and convenience, and hiring one for the day should cost around $15 - 20, depending on your negotiation skills.
Tuk-Tuk comes to Angkor Wat's gate
If you prefer to be active as you sightsee, you might consider renting a bicycle for the day. You can cycle to Angkor from Siem Reap for a few dollars and go along the flat roads. As the cheapest option, it's also the slowest and can be tricky when the weather is hot.
A tourist takes photos while on a cycle
Due to the most comfortable means of seeing Angkor, a minivan will cost you a bit more. You will comfortably sit inside an air-conditioned van, get from Siem Reap to Angkor and then go from one temple to the next. As you go around, you will have a tour guide explaining the history of each of the places you visit. Costs will vary depending on inclusion and choosing a private or shared tour.
Minivan service which takes you from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
4. Private car
Traveling to Cambodia by private car is an exciting experience for tourists who want to see ancient ruins and immerse themselves in the unspoiled beauty of nature. However, for the trip to be convenient, visitors should prepare all the necessary documents, information about reference locations, costs, etc.
Tourists can drive the private car to Angkor Wat
Recommended Siem Reap - Angkor Wat tours
Now, thousands of tours take you to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. Therefore, visitors can choose the one that fits their bill the most.
- If you don't have much time on vacation, the Classic Cambodia Tours 5 days is the best for you. In 5 days, it will take you to highlights of Cambodia. The trip starts in Siem Reap and will reach Angkor Wat as the second destination.
- With more time and a higher budget, visitors can go on the Highlights of Cambodia 10 days or Splendor of Cambodia 8 days. Both take you to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. Besides, the tours will give you many exciting experiences.
- The Best of Vietnam and Cambodia 15 days is suitable for those who like to explore the beauty of Southeast Asia. The trip will take you to Halong Bay, Hoi An, Mekong River cruise, Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap. The experience is worth its cost.
Besides, many other tours take you to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. If you find the one that suits you the best, let's look at the 10 Best Tours in Siem Reap 2022.
Local tips to get to Angkor Wat from Siem Reap
Siem Reap has many destinations of cultural significance and high historical value, such as temples, churches, etc. Therefore, visitors should pay attention to dressing politely to avoid colliding with the taboos of the people here.
- You should pay attention to significant tourist attractions not to cause the disorder. Most tourist attractions have a certain amount of sanctity and expect tourists to come with sincerity. Therefore, you should pay attention to how to talk and maintain order to make the trip more complete.
- Going to a tourist destination with many people, you should pay attention to your material belongings. Although Cambodia always has strict solutions, these phenomena still occur in tourist destinations. Therefore, tourists should actively raise their vigilance to avoid the worst cases.
- To travel to any country, you need to prepare all documents. In case you exit entry or visit tourist destinations that need checking, it is always full. With enough personal records, visitors can freely explore this beautiful country
Angkor Wat is an attractive spot for tourists each year
Above are our recommendations for getting from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat. Hopefully, they can help you while you are in Cambodia.
Besides Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, you can refer to other remarkable destinations in our 10 Best Tour Packages in Cambodia 2022.
(Image source: Internet)