The Best Time To Visit Bai Tu Long Bay
Bai Tu Long Bay is a must-go destination for its natural beauty, especially for people who want to travel to a less-crowded area. If you wonder what is the ideal time to visit this place, our complete guide will show everything you need.
- Best time to visit Bai Tu Long Bay: Spring (Feb-April) & Autumn (Sep-Nov)
- To enjoy favorable weather: March, April, September-November
- To get the best deals: June-August
- To engage in water-based activities: May-August
- To take a cruise: September-November
A gorgeous corner of Bai Tu Long Bay
Bai Tu Long Bay's Climate
- Tropical monsoon climate (humid subtropical, dry winter)
- Average annual temperature: 24°C
- The annual amount of rainfall: 1.395 mm
Like other areas of Northern Viet Nam, this bay takes the characteristic of the Tropical monsoon with 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.
The temperature in the bay fluctuates from 14°C - 33°C. Overall, the coldest month is January while June is the hottest month. The annual rainfall average is around 1.395 mm with the highest amount in August: 306.3 mm (around 23 rainy days).
To get a grip on the weather of Bai Tu Long Bay throughout the year, you can see the graph below:
Best Time To Visit Bai Tu Long Bay
Spring and Fall have the most enjoyable weather in this destination, when the sky is clear, the temperature is not too high with low rainfall. That favorable condition is perfect for various outdoor activities like swimming, kayaking, trekking,... to discover the picturesque bay.
Spring (February - April)
- Temperature: 16°C - 27°C
- Weather: Cool, Drizzly, Foggy, Partly sunny
- Best for: Outdoor activities
The spring of Bai Tu Long has a pleasant climate with an average temperature of around 21°C. The bay has frequent drizzles and fog in February, increasing humidity levels in March, and sunnier in April.
The calm sea is an advantage for visitors to experience water sports and outdoor activities such as swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling.
Kayaking to explore the bay
Autumn (September - November)
- Temperature: 22°C - 32°C
- Weather: Cool, Mild with Clear sky & Gentle wind
- Best for: Sightseeing, Cruising
Considered the best time to travel to Bai Tu Long Bay, Autumn in this area comes with enjoyable conditions. The sky is clear, the sunshine is not extreme, mild weather with a breeze.
The average temperature is 26°C with low humidity and fewer rainy day making it perfect to take a cruise to Bai Tu Long Bay. This is a perfect chance to go sightseeing and cruising to explore the magnificent beauty here.
Cruising is recommended in Fall
Ideal Time To Get The Best Cruise Deals
- Low international tourist season: June - August
- Up to 40% discount during the low season
- Follow the forecast when looking for cruise deals to avoid unexpected storms
Summertime is an excellent period to go swimming and tanning under a clear sky. For budget travelers, you should plan a trip to Bai Tu Long Bay during the late summer months (June to August) - the greatest times to obtain a great discount.
Take in mind that the low cost comes with crowds of domestic visitors and a considerable chance of cruise cancellation and delay due to the unpredictability of Halong Bay storms.
Nonetheless, typhoons occur on occasion and don’t last more than four days. Don't hesitate to contact BestPrice Travel for booking.
More Useful Tips
To be ready for your trip to the beautiful Bai Tu Long Bay, you should take note of some tips by locals below and decide your ideal time to travel:
- During the Christmas and New Year's Eve holiday seasons, the bay may get overcrowded with international tourists.
- Surcharges may apply on special occasions such as the Vietnamese New Year, Libration & International Labor Day (April 30th, May 1st),...
- Bring warm clothes such as sweaters, coats, and waterproof jackets in case of drizzles in Spring.
- Check the weather forecast, especially during summertime to avoid storms.
All in all, this article focused on providing visitors with a deep insight into climate, seasons, and tips related to the best time to visit Bai Tu Long Bay. Although this place has different beauty during each season, Spring and Autumn are the perfect time to travel.
You might also like: Best time to visit Halong Bay
(Image source: Internet)