Vietnam in Winter: What You Should Prepare to Travel?
Vietnam tourism in the winter is loved by many tourists since the people and landscapes are stunningly beautiful. However, before travel Vietnam in the winter, you need to know what to prepare for a winter trip. Let's follow our article carefully.
Overview of Vietnam’s weather in Winter
Vietnam is such a beautiful country that there are many scenic spots tourists cannot ignore. If you are having a short vacation of about 5 - 7 days and want to relax in a beautiful and peaceful place, please book Vietnam tours. Vietnam is amazing every time. However, according to the evaluation of many tourists, Vietnam is the most beautiful in the winter, the time ranges from November to January next year. If you have many choices, let's visit Vietnam in the nearest winter. And you need to prepare some of the following if you travel to Vietnam in winter!
The territory of Vietnam is divided into three regions: North, Central, and South. The Winter weather in Vietnam is not the same in these 3 areas. Accordingly, winter in the North and Central is freezing. However, the climate of the South is very characteristic, hot and humid all year. So there is almost no winter in the South of Vietnam. In wintertime, the temperature is only slightly lower than in the summer. So we need to pay attention to the winter in the north and the center of Vietnam only.
Winter in North Vietnam
North Vietnam is complex and various with plains, mountains, coasts, & continental shelves and includes many tourist attractions such as Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cuc Phuong, Mai Chau & Ninh Binh. The weather in the winter which lasts from November to February, is cold and dry; the temperature fluctuates from 10°C to 22°C. The coldest months are December & January, when several areas are cold, experience heavy mists. However, the landscape during that time is picturesque and dreamlike.
Average temperature (Degrees Celsius)
|Sunshine hours per day||Rainy day per month||Average water temperature (Degrees Celsius)|
Plenty of foreign tourists choose to travel in the north of Vietnam during winter to avoid peak season in the summertime, which is traveling season for domestic customers. Moreover, winter seems to be cold for local people, it is, in fact, not as cold as it is in other countries. Foreign tourists still enjoy this kind of weather.
Located in the heart of Vietnam, the center is packed with historic sights and cultural interest and blessed with ravishing beaches and outstanding national parks. Winter in the center is warmer than it is in the south. However, traveling in the winter, you may experience wet weather in some parts of the region. It is necessary to know about the characteristics of each region to better prepare for your holiday.
Center Vietnam is divided into 3 different regions: North Central Coast, South Central Coast, and Central Highlands. Let see what each region has to offer to tourists in the winter.
North Central Coast: This area consists of six provinces north of Hai Van Pass and is home to several UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Phong Nha-Ke Bang Park and the Hue Monuments. As being located near Northern Vietnam, the weather in North Central Coast is often affected by the weather in Northern Vietnam. It is cold, cloudy with frequent drizzles. When comparing to other regions in Northern Vietnam, winters on the north-central coast are warmer and wetter. Annual temperatures are around 24°C to 25°C in which the coldest month has a temperature of 17°C to 20°C.
South Central Coast: has seven coastal provinces and houses two out of Vietnam’s six total UNESCO World Heritage sites: The My Son Sanctuary and the Hoian Ancient Town, and many tourist attractions such as Danang, Mui Ne, Nha Trang. The northeast monsoon less impacts the region. The temperature ranges from 21°C to 32°C all year round. There is no winter in this region, as distinct seasons are the dry season and the rainy season. In general, the rain season starts in September and ends in December or January. You may see a flood, need to use a small boat to travel around Hoian during the rainy season, some tourists find it interesting and fun doing that.
Central Highlands: It includes five inland provinces. Owing to the higher altitude, temperatures are lower than in other regions at comparable latitudes. Winters are dry with the lowest temperatures of 20°C. The coldest month is January, where minimum temperatures can occasionally fall below 0°C. Dalat, the most visited place by foreign tourists in the central highlands, is dry but cold in the winter, especially in December & January.
Things to prepare for Vietnam trip in winter
When coming to North and Central Vietnam in winter, we are sure that you will feel extremely excited by the climate and the scenery and people here. However, before coming here, do not forget to prepare the utensils as well as psychological to be able to have fun.
To stay healthy on the trip, you need to prepare the following items when coming to Vietnam in the winter:
- A scarf and a warm wool hat. If you go to places near the mountain, the temperature will be shallow, and the weather is freezing and harsh.
- A warm sweater or a fleece coat can resist the cold of the mountains
- Headaches and anti-flu drugs should be available because maybe you prepared but still cannot stand the cold in the mountains
In addition to appliances, do not forget to prepare the necessary medicines to protect your health
- A thick and waterproof jacket because winter in Vietnam often has drizzle and lasts all-day
- Prepare a box to cover and carry them anywhere and anytime because the weather will be very erratic and may rain suddenly when you are having fun
- Sports shoes for hiking or mountain climbing. Unsaved roads will make it more difficult to move. You should not use a pair of beautiful and new shoes, use some old and sturdy sports shoes to move on dirty and muddy roads
- If you come to Vietnam from October to January next year, please prepare some more thin and light clothes because the weather may be cool and less cold
- You can prepare lightweight sweaters, simple shoes, and bikini to use if visiting luxury resorts in Vietnam
- Don't forget to bring a pair of slippers to relax your feet when staying at the hotel
Bring your favorite snacks when traveling in deserted places
- A beautiful outfit will help you more prominent when coming to the famous places of Vietnam
- Sunglasses will protect your eyes from dust and harmful rays
- Mosquito repellent will work effectively if you like to travel in dusty places in the mountains of Vietnam
- If possible, bring a good camera to save the beautiful images on the trip
In addition, to ensure your trip, buy travel insurance to prevent any risks that may occur during the trip. However, if unfortunately you did not prepare in time or have prepared but not enough, please visit a few addresses below to equip all the necessary items above.
- Big supermarkets near the place where you travel
- Small markets are distributed everywhere in Vietnamese territory
- Ask the hotel owner for help
- Order online on shopping applications
Don't worry if you haven't fully prepared when traveling in Vietnam in the winter
The Winter weather in Vietnam is often very harsh. If you travel at resorts or renovated locations, you can be assured of safety. However, on the contrary, if you travel in mountainous areas of Vietnam, please note the following:
- Do not let children play alone in areas where there is a danger warning
- If you want to buy anything, ask the price before asking to buy
- You should use the service with a price notice
- Not to be against signs as well as informed recommendations
- You should prepare all your safety equipment before traveling
- Find out about the climate, terrain, and culture at the place where you are going to travel before you arrive
Our above share is given by travel experts and tourists who have traveled to Vietnam in the winter. So if you plan to travel to Vietnam in the winter, take note and be prepared! Let's go exploring the winter in Vietnam with BestPrice Travel!
(Images source: Internet)