Top 10 Northern Vietnam Tour & Holiday Packages 2023
9.6Excellent - 4 reviewsLoved every minute of this trip! It is a great way to experience the less-known… Joe Roberts - afHanoi - Mu Cang Chai - Sapa - Bac Ha Market - Hoang Su Phi - Ha Giang - Dong Van - Meo Vac…Theme: Off the beaten track, Interact with local, Soft AdventureSuitable: Young Adults, CouplesHighlights
US $1,132$1,132 /pax
- Travel around the terrace fields, and witness the peaceful sight and daily life of traditional ethnic people in the North
- Driving way with the marvelous mountainous view and tranquil rural atmosphere
- Trekking through local villages where you can gain a deeper insight into traditional tribes
9.4Excellent - 74 reviewsThanks to BestPrice Travel, it was an excellent opportunity to take a break from… Ms.Rubi - AustraliaHanoi - Ninh Binh - Sapa - Halong Bay
Theme: Interact with local, Soft Adventure, Cultural, NatureSuitable: Singles & Solo, Young AdultsHighlights
- Summer Deals: 15% OFF + Free Airport Pick Up
US $399$399 /pax
- Immerse in the captivating scenery of Vietnam’s countryside and enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the rice fields in Ninh Binh.
- Trek through Sapa's waterfalls, mountains, verdant hills, and rice terraces to meet the residents from different ethnic minority groups of the North.
- Take a tour around Halong Bay and pass by the hundreds of limestone karsts that emerge out of the emerald waters.
9.5Excellent - 34 reviewsWe visited the South Vietnam last month and we have to say, this was an incredible… Chevalier - United StatesHanoi - Ninh Binh - Mai Chau - Sapa - Halong BayTheme: Soft Adventure, Cultural, NatureSuitable: Budget Travellers, Singles & SoloHighlights
US $522$522 /pax
- Discover the local ethnic minority group as you hike through Sapa's outstanding rice paddies, waterfalls, mountains, and rolling verdant hills
- The emerald water of Halong Bay is the perfect place to set sail on a traditional junk boat and pass countless limestone karsts
- Experience the charming villages of Mai Chau and the surrounding stunning landscape by bike while learning about traditional Thai culture
- Get a glimpse of life in the countryside in North Vietnam and enjoy the tranquility of the endless paddy fields
9.6Excellent - 4 reviewsThis trip was great! The sites were stunning and our guide was the best and very… Stuart - BrazilHanoi - Ba Be lake - Ha Giang - Meo Vac - Dong Van - Sapa - Halong BayTheme: Off the beaten track, Interact with local, Soft Adventure, NatureSuitable: Singles & Solo, Young AdultsHighlights
US $1,390$1,390 /pax
- Adore the unspoiled and magnificent landscapes of Northern Vietnam
- Explore the ethnic people's unique lifestyle and culture in Ha Giang
- Enjoy an effortless trek journey in Ba Be and Sapa to witness stunning scenery
- Visit local ethnic market and bring home the most unique souvenirs
- Admire the natural beauty of Halong Bay - the World Heritage Site with thousands of unique limestone islands
8.8Very good - 5 reviewsA beautiful insight into Vietnam's customs and culture. I highly recommend it for… Juan Mark - ChileHanoi - Pan Hou - Ha Giang - Dong Van - Meo Vac - Ba Be lakeTheme: Off the beaten track, Interact with local, Soft AdventureSuitable: Singles & Solo, Young AdultsHighlights
US $1,061$1,061 /pax
- Trek to the stunning Hoang Su Phi landscape and admire the spectacular scenery in this mountainous region
- Visit the rarest Dong Van rock plateau, a UNESCO World Geopark, with an unforgettable experience
- Get your adrenaline pumping with an exciting kayaking adventure, exploring streams and lagoons at Ba Be Lake
- Privately immerse yourself in the lives of ethnic communities and witness their daily activities
9.4Excellent - 5 reviewsBooked a trip to Ha Long Bay with BestPrice Travel for February 2023. Despite some… Mr.Wacleus - SingaporeHanoi - Ninh Binh - Halong BayTheme: CulturalSuitable: Singles & SoloHighlights
US $339$339 /pax
- Visit Hanoi’s historic sites and take a walking tour through the Old Quarter’s maze of streets and alleys for a look at local Hanoi life
- Explore historic Hoa Lu - admire the tombs of former emperors and the crumbling walls of the Citadel
- Admire stunning Tam Coc by boarding a wooden row boat and cruising a river surrounded by towering limestone karsts and vibrant rice paddies
- Cast off on board cruise around the limestone karsts of Halong Bay and explore hidden caves along the way
9.4Excellent - 2 reviewsSo fun! Tina was such a good host. Absolutely recommend. We were laughing and enjoying… Royson - United StatesHanoi - Halong Bay - Mai ChauTheme: NatureSuitable: Young AdultsHighlights
US $387$387 /pax
- Cruise through the breathtaking scenery of Ha Long Bay, the natural wonder of the world
- Discover the spectacular caves and pristine beaches within the islands
- Join a bicycle tour to explore the amazing ethnic culture and gorgeous nature in Mai Chau
- Take a walking trip with a local ethnic tour guide and learn about the customs of the rural villages
9.1Excellent - 3 reviewsDear Ms Hang, Here are my comments on the tour just concluded. Generally, the tour… Ms.Pauline Lee - SingaporeHanoi - Ky Son Village - Mai Chau - Ninh Binh - Halong BayTheme: Interact with local, Soft Adventure, NatureSuitable: Singles & Solo, Young Adults, CouplesHighlights
US $999$999 /pax
- Discover the Northern rural life and the life of the minority people in Vietnam
- Explore the vivid view of the paddy fields, caves, churches, and schools in Ninh Binh
- Admire the wonderful beauty of the nature of Halong Bay on a cruise
- Experience the authentic local cuisine of Hanoi on a motorbike food tour
9.5Excellent - 7 reviewsOur tour guide was a joy. She was personal, professional, caring, and a lot of fun.… Sophie - United KingdomHanoi - Sapa - Halong BayTheme: Off the beaten track, NatureSuitable: Young Adults, CouplesHighlights
US $1,096$1,096 /pax
- Take in the atmosphere of Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Travel to Nam Cang village and learn about ethnic minority life here
- Stay at the relaxed Topas Ecolodge nestled in the gorgeous Sapa Valley
- Spending time aboard a junk in Halong Bay is a romantic experience
9.4Excellent - 2 reviewsThe views are stunning, the trek is enjoyable, and the waterfall is great! Definitely… Lauren - ArgentinaHanoi - Vietnam - Cao Bang - Ba Be lake - Ban Gioc WaterfallTheme: Off the beaten track, Interact with local, NatureSuitable: Singles & Solo, Young AdultsHighlights
US $699$699 /pax
- Retreat at the stunning Ba Be Lake, a hidden gem of Northeast Vietnam, with emerald waters and breathtaking natural scenery
- Stay with a welcoming homestay family, experiencing traditional way of life and enjoying authentic Vietnamese dishes
- Witness the magnificent Ban Gioc Waterfall, one of the largest and most beautiful waterfalls in Southeast Asia
- Trek through picturesque landscapes and villages to get a glimpse of local life
For the great weather and travel experience, the best time to travel the North Vietnam is in the dry season, Spring (March - April) and Autumn (October - November).
For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, you can plan to visit during these months:
- January - February: Best for flower lovers to witness plum blossom in Moc Chau, cherry blossom in Sapa
- May - July: Best time to visit Ninh Binh for mesmerizing rice paddies and lotus blooming season
- Mid-August - September: Best for adventure seekers to trek hidden trails and admire rice terrace season in Sapa & Mu Cang Chai
- December - January: Best for cruising in Halong Bay and for culture vultures to learn about the Vietnamese Tet Holiday
Looking for more inspiration? Read our rough guide on Best Time to Visit Northern Vietnam.
Generally, you should spend from 5 to 10 days discovering the best of North Vietnam. Of course, the length of tour really depends on available time, weather, and travel styles.
We highly recommend you plan following our detailed suggestions:
- 5 - 7 days: Don’t miss out on Hanoi and the surroundings like Mai Chau, Halong Bay, and Ninh Binh.
- 8 - 10 days: A perfect plan to further explore Hanoi capital, spend an extra night on Halong Bay cruise, and add on 1 - 2 nights in Sapa or Ha Giang.
- Over 10 days: Spend 2 weeks fully discovering the hidden gems in Northwest (Sapa, Yen Bai) and Northeast (Ha Giang, Cao Bang).
Need some advice for your travel timeline? Contact us to tailor-make your own trip.
A 6-day itinerary in northern Vietnam will be the best option for first-time travelers. You can have sufficient time to visit all highlights on a budget from US $399 per pax.
Ninh Binh discovery
Hanoi half-day city tour
|Day 3 - 4||
Sapa trekking trails
|Day 5 - 6||
Halong Bay overnight cruise
On average, the North Vietnam tour prices range from US $65 to US $169 per pax/day since you can save big from getting around by bus, car, and train (not including flight).
For further details, you can choose one of the following classes for the average cost (per pax/day):
- Budget travelers: US $65 - $122 (Economy Class - 2* to 3* Hotel)
- Mid-range travelers: US $100 - $131 (First Class - 4* Hotel)
- Luxury travelers: US $123 - $150 (Deluxe Class - 5* Hotel)
- Affluent travelers: US $125 - $169 (Private Tour - 2* to 5* Hotel)
Here are BestPrice’s choices for Northern Vietnam Tours in 2023.
|North Vietnam Tour Packages||Price From (Per Pax)|
|Best of Northern Vietnam 6 days||US $399|
|Essence of Northern Vietnam 8 days||US $522|
|North Vietnam: Mountain To Beach 12 days||US $1390|
|A Glimpse of North Vietnam 5 days||US $339|
If you have enough time, both are worth visiting. But if you have to choose one, North Vietnam is best for adventure and culture lovers, while South Vietnam is calling for foodies and history enthusiasts.
Let’s take a quick look at the differences between the North and South.
Summer avg 33 - 38°C
Winter avg 10 - 19°C
|Year-round avg 27 - 30°C|
Rice terrace fields
Majestic bay & caves
|Food||Diverse cuisine||Street food, Fine dining, Michelin-starred|
|Culture||Hill tribes, Ethnic minorities||The Khmer, Chinese, Cham|
Everything considered, each region has its own charms and beauty. You should make up your mind on preference styles and choose the best time to visit each part of Vietnam.
Questions & Answers (82)
I plan to visit Northern Vietnam in Dec, near NYE (22nd - 28th). Which destinations in the North should I travel to? could you suggest to me a suitable package with a detailed itinerary for 7 days?
You can travel to Ninh Binh, Halong, Sapa, Hanoi will suitable with your itinerary
how is the weather in North Vietnam at the beginning of December? will it be really cold?
The weather will about 10 - 15 celcius degree so with vietnamese is quiet cold
Hi, I'm confused as there are many tours in North Vietnam, could you recommend me a route that is suitable for first-timers?
If you have time to travel in the North, i wil suggest you should take a 12 days from mountain to the beach tour to enjoy all the main destination in the Norh of Vietnam
hello, which activities does Ba Be Lake offer? are they included in the package or do we have to pay extra fee to join these activities?
You will have some activities like trekking, do boat trip, visit group of ethnic village and Ban Gioc waterfall. The fee is depend on your request if you want in tour have these activities or not
hi, I see that the trip to Mai Chau has a cycling tour around village, but my parents cannot join this as they are all about 60s. do you have any other alternative choice for them?
Yes there is another option for your parent is to take the electric car but there will be surcharge if you want to change to this services