How much is the cheapest flight to Luang Prabang (Laos)? How to book cheap flight tickets to Luang Prabang? Read the article below; BestPrice Travel will answer these questions for you and provide you with the most useful to book a cheap flight ticket to Luang Prabang.
General information about Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang is a province of Laos, once the capital of Lang Xang, also known as the Kingdom of a Million Elephants in ancient times. Currently, Luang Prabang is one of the historical sites recognized by UNESCO and is also one of the attractive destinations for international tourists when planning to travel to Laos.
Popular flight routes to Luang Prabang
Vietnam Airlines and Laos Aviation are two airlines that regularly operate direct flights from Vietnam to Luang Prabang. In addition, several airlines are also operating routes departing from Vietnam, such as Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern, etc.
If departing from Hanoi, you can choose Vietnam Airlines as it's the best airline to fly to Luang Prabang with a direct flight of about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
If departing from Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang, you can choose Vietnam Airlines, Laos Aviation, or Thai Airways, which are the airlines operating routes from these two cities. However currently, there are no direct flights, but they must stop at 1 to 2 airports depending on the airline's flight routes. The flying time will also be quite long compared to flying from Hanoi.
Estimated airfare to Luang Prabang ($)
How long does it take to fly to Luang Prabang?
$191 - $766
7 hours 50 minutes
$128 - $1553
1 hour 10 minutes
$149 - $978
5 hours 40 minutes
(Ticket price does not include tax)
(Flight times may vary depending on airline or weather conditions)
About Luang Prabang International Airport
Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ) is one of the two international airports in Laos, located in the ancient capital Luang Prabang. The airport has a 2200m long Asphalt runway. The expansion of the airport, completed in 2013, enabled it to accommodate large aircraft such as the Airbus A380 - the current largest civil aircraft.
What to know when traveling to Luang Prabang
- Weather: The climate in the ancient capital Luang Prabang is quite hot compared to Vietnam; the average temperature of the year ranges from 22 - 36 degrees, and the winter in Luang Prabang is quite cool (however, according to Vietnamese tourists, the weather is actually hot). The period from November to April is the ideal time to travel to Luang Prabang since it is the dry season and the most pleasant weather of the year.
- Tourist attractions: Luang Prabang is an ancient land of Laos, so you can't miss the following special attractions when visiting this place, such as the Royal Palace - Laos national museum with impressive architecture, Mount Phousi mountain, Kuang Si waterfall, Wat Xieng Thong (Xieng Thong temple) - one of the oldest temples, etc.
- Cuisine: Luang Prabang's cuisine is quite special since most of the specialties here are fruits, not traditional dishes. Coming to the ancient capital of Laos, you should enjoy durian, coconut cake, banana, mango, etc. Although these fruits are available in any country, Luang Prabang's taste is better and more impressive. As for savory dishes, Luang Prabang's street food, such as sausages, grilled meat, black rice, etc., are dishes marinated in the style of Laos people that you definitely should try.
How to find cheap flight tickets to Luang Prabang?
It's good if you depart from Noi Bai airport (Hanoi) since the fare is quite cheap, only ranging from US $128 - 256 for a direct flight within more than 1 hour. If you depart from other airports, you should also move to Hanoi and then fly to Luang Prabang instead of flying with the airlines, which will save a lot of money.
The period from November to April is the ideal time to travel to Luang Prabang, so the ticket price at that time is also quite high compared to other months. So, you should book tickets from April to July to have cheap flights to Luang Prabang, or don't forget to search for tickets far in advance before your flight date to get the best price.
Use BestPrice's cheap flight ticket searching function.
Bestprice.vn is a reputable online ticket agent of airlines. Instead of wasting time asking relatives and friends, and searching on dozens of different ticket sites, you can visit the website bestpricetravel.com/flight-to-luang-prabang. With just a few simple clicks, BestPrice's cheap flight ticket searching function will display the cheapest flight price for each day of the month, making it easy for customers to book flight tickets at the best price.
BestPrice Travel confidently provides air ticket booking service with the best price, thoughtful consulting team, and safe payment method, in order to commit to providing customers with reliable and convenient services.
1. How much is the flight ticket to Luang Prabang?
At the time of searching, the airfare to Luang Prabang is about $191 to $382/ticket/way (excluding taxes and fees). Ticket prices may vary depending on many factors such as time of booking, flight route, airline, etc.
To buy cheap flight tickets to Luang Prabang, contact BestPrice at 1900 2605!
2. Which airlines operate flights to Luang Prabang?
Currently, there are many airlines operating tickets to Luang Prabang, such as Vietnam Airlines, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, and Singapore Airlines, etc.
3. How often is the flight schedule to Luang Prabang?
The flight schedule to Luang Prabang has a flexible frequency of change depending on the airline's flight plan
4. What are the popular routes to Luang Prabang?
Some popular flights to Luang Prabang are Hanoi - Luang Prabang, Ho Chi Minh - Luang Prabang, Da Nang - Luang Prabang, etc.
5. How to buy cheap flight tickets to Luang Prabang?
Remember some of the following experiences to buy cheap flight tickets to Luang Prabang: book tickets in low tourist seasons, follow the airlines and BestPrice's promotions, book tickets 2-3 months before the flight date, etc.