Halong Bay Weather October: Temperature & Things to Do
October is one of the best months to visit Halong Bay. It is the time when the weather is pleasant, it is not too hot, or not too cold. The article below contains information about Halong Bay weather in October, some tips for Halong Bay weather in October, and some tips for your traveling.
- Halong Bay weather October is pleasant and recommended for people who care about the weather before traveling
- This month is an ideal time to explore not only Halong Bay but also other parts of Vietnam
- The price difference between 4 and 5-star Halong cruises are not too much, but you can get greater services on 5-star cruises
Halong Bay October Weather & Temperature
- Temperature: The average in Halong Bay in October is 24.5°C, with the highest and lowest temperatures at 28°C, respectively.
The bay experiences a light, cool, and fresh breeze with a little dry sunshine, and the average sea temperature is quite warm, and pleasant at 27°C.
- Sunlight: We can expect about 7 hours of proper sunlight every day, and nearly 12 hours between sunrise and sunset.
You will have a chance to enjoy many hours in the sun or be involved in many exciting outdoor activities.
- Humidity & Rainfall: This month is the beginning of the dry season in Vietnam, the level of rainfall decreases dramatically to 54 mm while the humidity level is 72%.
7 hours per day
Halong Bay weather October
Best Activities To Try In October
Swimming & kayaking
- Best for: Active travelers
With an average seawater temperature of 27°C, the weather in October is perfect for swimming. You can swim for hours without worrying about the temperature.
Moreover, you can go kayaking to each and every corner of islands, caves, and grottoes is another great thing to do in Halong Bay in October.
Kayaking in cool weather, you will not sweat too much, but burn your energy and help you keep fit.
Kayaking in cool weather and a nice blue sky
- Best for: Active travelers & Adventure seekers
If water activities are not your interest, try cycling one of some of the beautiful islands in Halong Bay - Viet Hai village, a small village belonging to Cat Ba National Park.
Cycling to this village, you can see the local fishing village, go through rain forests and dark tunnels, and enjoy the stunning scenery of rice fields. It is a great chance for you to see a typical local fishing village in Vietnam.
Cycling to Viet Hai village in a group
Taking a private cruise
- Best for: Couples
A private cruise is an excellent choice for travelers who prefer privacy and want to avoid crowds.
You can have an intimate time with your beloved by admiring the Halong Bay scenery on the sundeck together, exploring various mysterious caves, and savoring a romantic dinner at night.
Lovely anniversary celebration on Mon Cheri Cruise
Moreover, if you want to celebrate an anniversary or birthday on board, organizing special events upon request is always available.
It’s only US$ 450 per pax for a Halong overnight cruise provided by BestPrice Travel.
Travel Tips For A Halong Perfect Trip
When traveling in October, there is not too much thing to worry about. The perfect weather will make your trip a memorial trip.
- Choose a Halong Bay day trip if you are on a budget but still want to see a beautiful bay, it is much cheaper than an overnight cruise.
- Unlike booking a hotel, you will stay all your time on the cruise. If you are not tight with your budget, book a cruise that is 4 stars or above for better services.
- Besides booking a cruise to Halong Bay, you can book a northern Vietnam tour, so do not hesitate to let us know if you need any help.
- A light sweatshirt or sweater will be great for your early mornings and evenings in Halong Bay
- Bring a hat and sunglasses when joining outdoor activities
- Sun cream is very important. Although the sun is not as harsh as summer, ultraviolet rays are still harmful to your skin
- Do not forget to bring your swimsuits if you love soaking in the bay’s emerald water
- Prepare a waterproof bag for your phone or camera to protect your device when joining in water activities
Pros & Cons of Visiting In October
- Halong Bay weather in October is pleasant and perfect for traveling, making your cruise trip to be an unforgettable experience
- The climate is dry, allowing us to organize outdoor activities without worrying about rain
- Need not bother about your cruise getting canceled due to a low possibility of storms this month
- There is a chance of a Northeast monsoon at the end of October and may experience some chilly days when November comes
- Because this month is one of the best months to visit Halong, the bay may be quite crowded
October is the beginning of peak season in Halong Bay, so booking a cruise in advance is highly recommended.
You may get a promotion when doing it early in advance. Contact BestPrice if you need any assistance booking the best tour.
(Image source: Internet)