Halong Bay Weather in June: Temperature & Things to Do
A lot of people avoid traveling in June as the Halong Bay weather is hot and humid. However, some people find it interesting in traveling this time. June is not the best month to travel to Halong Bay, but it is still good for your summer trip, especially for people who love water activities. Let's see how the bay’s weather this month is, and whether it is a good time to travel.
- June is among the hottest months of the year with a high humidity level
- Compared to other months in summer, June is off-season, but still, a good time to visit Halong Bay
- Check the weather forecast & have a backup plan in case of cruise cancellation due to bad weather
Halong Bay June Weather & Temperature
- Temperature: The average temperature in June is 29°C, quite hot for some foreign tourists, but you will feel much cooler when traveling to Halong Bay than in other parts of Vietnam.
The sea temperature is around 29°C, which allows you to stay active in the water comfortably for an extended period.
- Sunlight: The daytime in June increases to 8 hours per day, which is more than in other months, enabling you to enjoy outdoor activities longer under the sunshine.
- Humidity: The humidity climbs to 81%, higher than in May. This can make you feel uncomfortable on hot days.
- Rainfall: Compared to other months, The average rainfall during June is 175 mm, quite high with 15 rainy days, but the rain does not last for long.
During June, Halong Bay is at its finest under the sun, which allows a clear view of the bay with emerald water, a magnificent karst tower, and a crystal clear blue sky.
There is also a higher chance of storms so it’s a good idea to check the weather condition, and contact your travel consultant if you have any questions.
8 hours per day
Halong Bay weather June
Highlight Activities in Halong Bay
Getting on a bamboo boat
- Best for: Nature Lovers
Coming to Halong Bay, you will have a chance to explore its mysterious limestone caves by bamboo boat rowed by the fisherman.
The bamboo boat is the popular transport of the local people in the fishing villages of Halong. Four to five people can sit together on the boat, which makes it a more excellent choice for small groups than kayaking.
Unlike kayaking, you will be easier to admire and take many pictures of the bay’s scenery because you don’t have to row the boat. Moreover, you can also ask the fisherman to take a photo of your family.
Discovering Dark & Light Cave by bamboo boat
Joining in a morning meditation class
- Best for: Recharge Retreaters
Escaping from the hustle and bustle of cities and taking a cruise tour to Halong, you can take part in the first activities in the early morning on board - Tai Chi class.
Tai Chi is very effective in reducing stress & improving balance and mobility, so this meditation exercise is highly recommended for people who need to refresh their minds and body.
The itinerary of most overnight cruises has a Tai Chi session, and the class is usually held at about 06:00 a.m.
Tai Chi class on the sundeck of Sena Cruise
Relaxing on a white sand beach
- Best for: Families and Rejuvenators
A beach vacation is one of the most popular choices to relax when the summer is coming. Halong Bay has many secluded sandy beaches with stunning white sand for you to sunbathe and enjoy the bay's natural beauty.
Resting on the pristine beach with family
Beach games are something you should never miss when traveling together with your friends or family. You can try creating sandcastles, soccer, tug of war, or seashell hunt.
Something to note is that it can be very intensely hot in the middle of the day, so avoid swimming or kayaking at that time.
Tips & Experiences for Travellers in June
- Halong Bay is attractive even in the rain. Just book a Halong Bay cruise and enjoy staying in one of the seven natural wonders in the world.
- Follow the weather forecast frequently before your trip to prepare suitable items.
- Contact your sale consultant for a backup plan if cruise cancellation happens.
- If you are not lucky enough and have bad weather conditions when traveling to Halong Bay, there are still a lot of things to do on the cruise.
- Bring light and breathable clothes such as t-shirts, tank tops, or Hawaii shirts as June is hot and humid
- Do not forget to bring a hat, sunglasses, suncream, or a swimsuit for swimming
- Remember to bring a light raincoat in case it can be rainy in June
Pros & Cons of Visiting in June
The weather condition is one of the most popular things that tourists care about when traveling.
- June is the low season for visiting Halong Bay with low travel costs and fewer tourists, so take advantage of them.
- Service on the cruise during the low season is really good because you do not have to wait to be served
- The price of other services is generally good too - the hotel price is down, and the airline offers a lot of promotions, transfers, or tours that are cheap.
- Traveling to Halong Bay this time, you may be uncomfortable with the heat, especially if you are not used to the tropical climate.
- Sometimes, Halong Bay experiences bad weather like thunderstorms, and your cruise can be canceled or delayed.
Hope that the above information about the Halong Bay weather in June is helpful for your trip. Enjoy the sunshine and get sunburnt on the tour.
If you are wondering which cruise is best for you or want to ask for some promotions for cruises in June, do not hesitate to contact BestPrice Travel!
(Image source: Internet)