Ho Chi Minh City is considered the culinary center for the whole Southeast region, with various cuisine trends from both local and worldwide dishes.
From the years of the 18th century until now, by emerging the culinary cultures from foreign countries such as China, India, France, America, Japan, Australia, etc., Ho Chi Minh City offer tourists the best experience to try all types of cuisine without a long travel road.
While street food and snack stalls are an essential component of the Vietnamese eating experience, there are times when you want to eat at a fantastic restaurant that offers perfectly cooked food as well as a welcoming atmosphere, breathtaking views, and attentive service. You can be sure that the greatest restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City will offer a memorable dining experience because they have them all to different degrees.
Let’s take a look at some of the popular types of restaurants in Ho Chi Minh city.
1. Vietnamese Restaurant
Vietnamese restaurant continues to capture the hearts of many foodies both domestically and worldwide due to their fresh ingredients, refreshing taste, and excellent presentation. Vietnamese restaurants frequently serve a variety of foods, including pork, shrimp, and crab along with vegetables, beans, and rice. Additionally, there is a blend of sour, spicy, salty, sweet, and fleshy fat.
Some best Vietnamese restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Cyclo Resto Restaurant at 6/28 Cach Mang Thang Tam Street, District 1.
- Viet Kitchen at Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, No. 8-15 Ton Duc Thang St., District 1.
- Home Finest Saigon Restaurant at No.252 Dien Bien Phu St., District 3.
2. Chinese Restaurant
Rich and vibrant Chinese cuisine's key characteristics are its varied color, aromatic flavor, and superb taste. Chinese restaurants usually provide require well-prepared food, for example, they are meticulous about the temperature when cooking to aid in food absorption and digestion. One typical dish in this type of restaurant is hot soup. They can be noodles, wonton soup, jellied bean curd soup, rice porridge, and maize porridge.
Three exellent Chinese restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Shang Garden Chinese Restaurant at No.1A, Ton That Tung St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1.
- Li Bai Restaurant at Sheraton Saigon Hotels & Towers, level 2 no.88, Dong Khoi St., District 1.
- Hao Yu Grilled Fish at No.17 - 19, Ho Xuan Huong St., Ward 6, District 3.
3. Japanese Restaurant
You might find out that rice with miso soup and a focus on seasonal ingredients are indispensable in every Japanese restaurant. Fish, pickled vegetables, and broth-cooked vegetables are frequently served as side dishes. Seafood is common and frequently grilled, although it can also be eaten raw as sashimi or sushi.
There are some famous Japanese restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Towa - Japanese Cuisine at 28th Floor, Sedona Suites, No.94 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St., District 1.
- Sorae Restaurant & Lounge on 24th - 25th Floor, AB Tower, 76A Le Lai St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Sushi Sun Restaurant at No.46 Nguyen Cu Trinh St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Thai Restaurant
Thai cuisine is recognized for its unique approach to cooking and elegant fusion of fresh ingredients with exotic spices and herbs. The exceptionally rich flavor of Thai food is a defining characteristic; the meal's distinct sour, salty, sweet, bitter, and spicy characteristics are all present.
In Ho Chi Minh, here are some notable Thai restaurants:
- Tuk Tuk Thai Bistro at 38 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Son Tum Thai on the 5th floor, L5 - 18, Saigon Centre, 65 Le Loi, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- The Racha Room at No. 12 - 14, Mac Thi Buoi, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
You can read this article to find out more options.
5. Korean Restaurant
Korean cuisine is a complex interplay of the natural environment and various cultural movements, with roots in ancient agricultural and nomadic practices in southern Manchuria and Korea. Rice, vegetables, fish, and (at least in South Korea) meats make up the meal in Korean restaurants.
You can find distinguished Korean dishes at these addresses:
- Kyung Bok Gung Korean Restaurant at No. 50 - 52, Hai Ba Trung, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Kitchen Seoul at No. 10, Vo Truong Toan, An Phu Ward, District 2.
- Won Cuisines at No. 49 Mac Thi Buoi, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
6. French Restaurant
French cuisine is known for its inventive flavors and exquisite presentation, which differ by area. While northern cuisine consists of country-style dishes with fresh local vegetables, dairy, sausage, and beer, the southern regions are known for their rich flavors with garlic, herbs, duck, and mushrooms.
Along with the culinary customs of France's regions and colonies, French dishes have been impacted over the years by the many surrounding cultures of Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Belgium.
Some places to try French dishes in Ho Chi Minh City are:
- La Villa French Restaurant at No.14, Ngo Huy Quang St., Thao Dien Ward, District 2.
- Le Corto Restaurant at No.5D, Nguyen Sieu St., District 1.
- Trois Gourmands Restaurant at No.39, Tran Ngoc Dien St., Thao Dien Ward, District 2.
7. Greek Restaurant
In most Greek restaurants, the cuisine foundation is the trio of wheat, olive oil, and wine, just as in many other Mediterranean cuisines. It includes meat such as hog, chicken, veal, beef, lamb, rabbit, and goat as well as vegetables, olive oil, grains, and fish. Pasta (such as hilopites), cheeses, lemon juice, herbs, olives, and yogurt are other crucial ingredients.
Let’s try some Greek dishes at these places:
- Hellas at No. 113B Ho Tung Mau, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Oia Castle at No. 119 Ton That Dam, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Taverna Greek- Turkish Restaurant at No. 7 Nguyen Luong Bang, Tan Phu Ward, District 7.
8. Indian Restaurants
Indian cuisine is a diverse constellation of culinary inspirations and traditions from all over the Asian continent, much like the national cuisine of any other nation. The common spice blend for almost every dish in Indian restaurants is allspice, garlic, ginger, and dried whole or/and powdered chili peppers.
The best restaurants to eat Greek dishes in Ho Chi Minh City are:
- Tandoor Indian Restaurant at No. 39 Ngo Duc Ke Street, District 1.
- Benaras Indian Restaurant & Lounge at No. 5A Nguyen Sieu Street, District 1.
- Shanti Indian Cuisine at No. 371C Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1.
However, there are still others alternatives for you.
9. Turkish Restaurant
Along with French, Chinese, Italian, and other great cuisines, Turkish cuisine is among the best in the world. The dishes in Turkish restaurants are incredibly colorful and have a wide variety of influences and flavors.
Some famous restaurants for Turkish meals:
- PASHA Turkish Restaurant at No. 25 Dong Du, Ben Nghe, District 1.
- Kebaby at No. 112 Pham Viet Chanh, Binh Thanh District.
- Hummus and Grill Restaurant at No. 175/16 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1.
10. Mexican Food Restaurant
Mexican cuisine follows the cooking styles and customs of the contemporary nation. Its first influences come from Mesoamerican cooking. Corn (maize), turkey, beans, squash, amaranth, chia, avocados, tomatoes, cacao, vanilla, sweet potatoes, chili pepper, etc. are among the native foods of the region.
Best Mexican Food Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- La Fiesta Restaurant at No.128 Ly Tu Trong, District 1.
- Rico Taco Restaurant at No.74/7 Hai Ba Trung St., District 1.
- Sancho's Craft Beer & Mexican Kitchen at No. 207 Bui Vien St., District 1.
11. Italian Restaurant
In Italian restaurants, the quality of the ingredients is highly focused rather than preparation. The typical Italian dishes would be simply designed with just a few ingredients.
Here are some must-try Italian restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- R&J Italian Lounge and Restaurant at The Reverie Saigon (level B1), 22-36 Nguyen Hue Boulevard, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Carpaccio Italian Restaurant at No. 79 Hai Ba Trung, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Ciao Bella Restaurant at No. 11 Dong Du, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
12. German Restaurant
The majority of German recipes have a strong emphasis on bread, potatoes, meat, particularly pig, as well as lots of greens including different types of cabbage and kale. The fact that cake, coffee, and beer are all hugely popular components of German cuisine will likely please most people.
We have some recommended German restaurants for you:
- Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant at the 1st floor, Mplaza Saigon, 39 Le Duan, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Gartenstadt Restaurant at No. 34 - 36 Dong Khoi, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Brix Wine Bar & Kitchen at No. 42 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
13. Spanish Restaurant
With its abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, olive oil, nuts, seafood, and wine, Spanish cuisine adheres to the ideals of the Mediterranean diet. Simple, seasonal, wholesome, and frequently locally sourced foods form their foundation.
You should visit these places in Ho Chi Minh City to enjoy Spanish food:
- Ole Spanish Restaurant Saigon at No. 129B Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
- Tomatito Restaurant on the 1st floor, 171 Calmette, District 1.
- Kiba Saigon at No. 31 Pho Duc Chinh, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1.
14. Halal Food Restaurant
Halal meals are those that Muslims are permitted to consume in accordance with Islamic Law, which details which foods are permissible and how they must be prepared (halal means proper and permitted).
If you are following Halal cuisine, you should visit these restaurants:
- Kampung Melayu at No.1, Nguyen An Ninh St., Ben Thanh Ward, District 1.
- The Daun at No.48, Le Lai St., Ben Thanh Ward, District 1.
- Saigon Green House at No.52, Truong Dinh St., Ben Thanh Ward, District 1.
15. Vegetarian Restaurant
An entirely vegetarian diet excludes all forms of meat, poultry, and fish. It is a diet that consists primarily of plant-based foods including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, seeds, and nuts. For ovo-lacto vegetarians, the food may also contain eggs and/or milk.
You can taste some typical vegetarian dishes in these Ho Chi Minh restaurants:
- Golden Lotus Restaurant at No. 175B Cao Thang, Ward 12, District 10.
- Mandala Restaurant at No. 745 Lac Long Quan, Ward 10, Tan Binh District.
- Hoa Dang Restaurant at No. 38 Huynh Khuong Ninh, Da Kao Ward, District 1.
Visit BestPrice Travel to find out the best restaurant in Ho Chi Minh if you're seeking more. We also offer transfers, tours, and other travel services in Ho Chi Minh City, so to begin planning your trip, get in touch with us now!