Phnom Penh Weather in March
You want to go to Cambodia and wonder if Phnom Penh weather in March is good. Here is the information you need, along with some useful travel tips!
Cambodia is one of the attractive destinations to spend your holiday. You can travel to the country any time of the year, but is Phnom Penh's weather in March better than in other months? Let's find out!
Is March the Best Time to Visit Phnom Penh?
Phnom Penh has two seasons: wet or rainy (June - October) and dry (November - May). Both seasons are suitable for traveling with their own pros and cons. For example, if you choose to travel in the dry season, it doesn't mean you can avoid all the rain. If you don't mind getting wet, the wet season is also a good choice as there are fewer tourists.
Sometimes between November and May will be perfect to plan a trip to Phnom Penh. Although Cambodia experiences a hot climate and high humidity throughout the year, tourists can still find the most comfortable time to visit the country when they can enjoy the warmth and low rainfall.
So, March is one of the last months in the late dry season, which is a great time to visit Phnom Penh. During this month, the temperature will rise a few degrees to be around 30°C.
March is one of the best months to visit Phnom Penh
How is the Phnom Penh Weather in March?
Overview Of Phnom Penh Weather March
In general, you can expect favorable Phnom Penh weather in March. March belongs to the dry season with the temperature range from 23°C - 33°C (73°F - 91°F). The average sunshine hour is 9 hours. Days are usually dry and hot. There can be little to no rainfall, indicating the excellent condition to explore the city.
24°C - 34°C
70 - 75%
260 - 270 hours
Pros & Cons
- The driest weather in March is ideal for exploring the capital by taking a Temple excursion, walking tour, or bicycle tour.
- It's a suitable time to admire the beautiful nature with the clear blue sky, and also the perfect time if you want to go to the beach to immerse yourself in the white sand and clean water.
- Chances to take advantage of affordable prices are available. Though it's the peak season for tourists, many hotels and guesthouses still offer good deals. Cambodia is an affordable place you can take a trip to any time of the year.
- You may experience the crowdedness in highlighted attractions such as Angkor Wat.
- It's possible that you can miss some local specialties as they have their growing season. However, the diversity of local cuisine will be enough to satisfy your taste.
- There's a chance you may face heavy rain and thunderstorms at the end of the day due to the high temperature in the daytime. Be well prepared because it can affect your trip.
Tips for Traveling to Phnom Penh in March
- Check The Weather Forecast
Cambodia is a tropical country, and it's not strange if you experience tropical rain during your trip. Check the weather before going out and bring an umbrella with you. It will be useful.
- Bring The Cooling Items
A small paper fan or mini fan can be a big help as you will be under the sun the whole day to explore many interesting attractions.
- Consider To Use Water Resistant Bag
You'd better protect your passport, ID, and cell phone from being wet due to the sudden rain.
- Watch Out For Your Belongings
As a traveler, you can be a target for the thief. Always carry your bag in front of you and watch out for any suspicious behavior.
Phnom Penh weather in March is favorable for traveling. BestPrice Travel can help you arrange a wonderful journey and is available to assist you anytime you need. Take our tips into account since they might be useful for your future trip to Phnom Penh.
(Image source: Internet)